On January 26, 2021, AFNIC, the association responsible for managing .fr domain names, recalled the consequences of Brexit on eligibility for a .fr domain name.
Since the entry into force of Brexit, individuals residing in the United Kingdom and legal entities having their registered office in this territory can no longer apply for the registration of a .fr domain name.
For those who had a domain name before Brexit went into effect, that doesn’t change anything and they don’t need to change their address as the rules are not retroactive.
Company law, business creation and transfer of business
Arst Avocats advises its clients in the following matters:
- in the creation of companies;
- at all stages of a company’s life, from its incorporation to its dissolution, for the realization of the simplest to the most complex operations (split, merger, listing on a stock market, et seq.);
- in the context of the acquisition or disposal of a company, whatever its form (transfer of business or corporate rights assignment) as well as operations that precede or follow it;
- in the implementation of agreements organizing relations between the company’s shareholders (shareholders’ agreement, employee shareholding schemes).
Example of recent activity:
- Assistance in the context of a stock listing company on the Paris Alternext market.
PAULINE JACQUEMIN CUNY
Holder of two Master’s degrees in Multimedia and Computer Law and in European Business Law from the University of Panthéon-Assas (Paris II).